Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Using Hip Hop as an excuse..........
I feel that in todays society parents across the world try to use hip hop as a major reason why their children act certain ways. I feel that this is unfair to hip hop because hip hop is entertainement and not necesarrily a way of life. If children are taught in the homes the right way to view and go abotu life then hip hop would be viewed as entertainment, which what hip hop is. It is not fair to the parents who do teach their children the right way of life and they become sucessful even though their children are involved with hip hop. I believe that parents should ask them selves have they done all they can to prepare their children for life and not just ue hip hop as an excuse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with you here that some parents are using hip hop as an excuse as to why their child may be behaving a certain way. But what exactly is "the right way" as you put it? There could be many many defintions. I think this is where the discrepany comes from. Some parents may think that they are raising their children "the right way" when in actuality it may be wrong. I think we need to give ourselves some sort of guideline, some sort of tester in order to accurately compare the way "it" is verses "hip hop". Without it we are just as lost as we claim these parents to be.
Blame the parents but also remember the broadcasters . . . they are the ones who are putting edgy rap on the radio and TV during child-viewing hours. It's a problem.
Post a Comment